Important information for those taking exams during summer 2016
Information regarding examination dispensation for GCSE, AS and A level candidates.
- Students can be referred for testing for exam dispensation by:
- Teaching staff
- Heads of Year
- Heads of Department
- SEN staff
- Tests are recommended by the examining boards. They include;
- Reading accuracy and speed – single word
- Reading Comprehension – speed and accuracy
- Sentence completion – speed, accuracy, legibility
They are usually taken at the end of Year 9 or the start of Year 10. The results are valid for the next 2 year period.
Scripts are marked and converted into Standard Age Scores. These are entered onto a form, along with any extra help or history of previous need, Psychological/physical assessments and or reports and are uploaded to the examining body who assesses them and returns as accepted or declined.
Tests, and subsequent exam dispensation are valid for 2 years. When entering the 6th form, students who have had exam dispensation will need to be retested, as will those who go to college for FE.
For further details please contact the school examinations officer, P. Atkinson.