Year 7 have been at saltash.net for three weeks now and are starting to settle in really well. As part of our ongoing transition process we are writing to inform you of two exciting, upcoming events.
Bring Your Grown-Up To School
Firstly we would like to invite you to our “Bring Your Grown-Up To School” morning. This will take place on Thursday 16th October, between 8.35am and 1.00pm.
The aim of the morning is to allow you to get more involved with your child’s exciting new learning journey here at saltash.net. It will give the students an opportunity to show how well they have settled in and how proud they are of their new learning styles and approaches.
You will work side-by-side with your child to complete a group challenge. The work we do will link strongly with our Integrated Learning curriculum and our inspirational Creativity Theme Days. There will be refreshments provided (for grown-ups only – sorry kids!) at break time and we will round off the morning with a “show and share” style assembly to celebrate all the students’ (and your) hard work. We hope you can come, although there is of course no obligation to do so.
Year 7 Settling-In Parents’ Evening
In addition there will be an opportunity to discuss your child’s progress at our Year 7 Settling-In Parents’ Evening on Thursday 23rd October, between 3.30pm and 6.00pm.
The evening will offer you a chance to meet your childs’ tutor and to discuss how they are settling in. As you can imagine this will be a very busy evening so appointments are restricted to 5 minutes.
Attendance at either event must be by prior arrangement. Please find overleaf details of how to book your place.
Both events follow the same process, as below.
You will need:
Your child’s legal first name and surname
Your child’s date of birth
Your child’s tutor group name, eg 7BH
Troubleshooting Tips – Read before Booking!
- Only parents/guardians that we have recorded as having parental responsibility can gain access and it is essential that your name title is as we have recorded in the school’s database. For most failed access, it is usually one of these two issues. Let us know if you have difficulties logging in and we can correct this for you.
- Your child’s date of birth has to be entered in exactly the right format e.g. using four digits for the year of birth – 12/09/2009
- Where it says ‘child’s register class’, you need to put in the tutor code, such as 7BH, and not the teacher’s name.
- The email address you enter is only to get a confirmation of your appointment. If the system is saying it does not recognise you, it will not be the email address that is the problem as the system does not hold your email address; try the tips above.
The system is live from 7.30 am on 1 October for both events and you can making bookings from then.
Please note that for Bring Your Grown-Up To School:
- The session is set up as one minute appointment time, 8.35 – 1.00 pm with Mr Rowe, simply because this is the only way we can use the system. Please just “book” yourself for the next available slot when you log into the system and remember that the whole morning sessions is running from 8.35 am until 1.00 pm.
- If you are bringing anybody else with you, or somebody is attending in your place, please tell us this in the comment box where you make your booking, adding their name and relationship to the student. This will help with preparation and for safeguarding purposes.
If you are unable to book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school and a member of staff will help you.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the events and as usual there will be staff and student helpers on hand to assist you if you require any help.